- 3 Book Reviews
- Joined Writers In Southampton and attended three meetings with talks from Peter Lovesey, Deanna Dewey and Penny Legg.
- 2 Film Reviews
- Entered first paragraph competition with The Guardian
- Read Creative Writing by Adele Ramet (Very useful!)
- Had a bout of shingles!
- Written about two-thirds of a one act play
- Cleared the desk upstairs so I have a more permanent work space at home
- Completed two 15 minute playwrights
- Completed two pieces of flash fiction
- Helped test some recipes for My Daddy Cooks cookbook
- Continued attending Writing Buddies
- Brought domain name ready to set up website
It is great having this blog to read back on and see what I have been up too over the weeks. I think I have managed quite a lot what with the hen do's, weddings and illness that have also gone on in-between! So I started out with these goals and they looked like this after two months:
sixthree small writing tasks ( Less than 3000 words)
- Complete three large writing tasks (More than 3000 words)
twoone of them published.
I was slightly concerned as to how I would get three large projects done but coming back to this I have realised I set the mark at 3000 words (I had 5000 in my mind for some reason). One of the 15 minute plays is over 3000 words so I can count that as one of the three, the one-act play and then my attempt at starting a novel will be the third.
So looking back at these two months I have completed the following goals:
- Large writing task - 15 minute play
- Small writing task - 15 minute play
Leaving me with 2 large writing projects (one of which is mostly finished), 2 small writing projects and fingers crossed for at least one getting published. I have decided that I will not continue the book reviews in the same way. I will still review books once I have read them but only at my leisure not specifically for doing a book review. It just takes up a bit too much of my time and however much I enjoy reading I need to make sure I have time for everything. Instead I am studying more creative writing books and finding them very useful. I have learnt a tremendous amount over the past four months and feel I have lots more to learn as I go along. I don't think I ever thought for one minute I would get this far in such a short space of time. I just hope I can keep the momentum up.