For anyone who doesn't know I set out a set of objectives at the start of this blog to help focus my mind on writing. It has worked and I now have two objectives to complete. Along the way though I have done so much more than I ever expected. I have met an amazing amount of wonderful and very helpful people and many opportunities have opened up to me. So here are all the things I have been up to but will forget to add if I don't jot them down now:
- Adapted a short story for local magazine but they turned it down! Think I may have hacksawed it a little too harshly!
- Got an email from slimming world to let me know they are printing the letter I sent them later this year.
- I have been asked and agreed to do the PR side for the writing buddies anthology, Wordfall.
- Set up a twitter account for Writing Buddies.
- I am helping out Penny Legg with the PR for her upcoming books.
- I send of a short story for Writers News and will continue to do this monthly.
- Went on library tour with Writers in Southampton and went to a Southampton writer's circle meeting.
I am amazed at how focussing my mind on writing has really started to put such a momentum on developments. My mind is brimming with ideas and there are not enough hours to do them all at the same time but I am making sure I am getting on with it all as much as possible. With any luck I will have completed all my goals within the year!