If you are not too sure what I am on about it can include all or some of the following:
- When you wake up early or in the middle of the night rather than rolling over and going back to sleep you get up and start writing.
- When you go to bed you have a notepad and pen in hand.
- When you are drifting off to sleep your mind is working on your latest plot twist.
- When you sleep you have bizarre dreams which you jot down as soon as you wake up just in case it comes in handy.
- Even though you have enough writing projects to last the next year you spent your day finding more things to write about. The only way to get it all done is to give up some of your sleep!
If you have experienced any or all of the above then you are probably suffering from writer's insomnia. This is common in all writers. I'm not sure if there is any cure but I'm not sure I'd want one. Let me know if I have missed any of the common symptoms, I'm only in the early stages!