I was recently tagged by the lovely Elaine over on her blog, Sassy's World, in a Meme - a question we all hear and ask on a daily basis... WHY? Normally it's a question for toddlers, but here are the why questions I'd like the answer to:
2) Why does my Books To Be Read pile never get smaller?
3) Why can I never find enough hours in the day?
4) Why can my husband eat whatever he likes and barely puts on a pound?
5) Why do I look at food and gain three pounds?
6) Why are Things To Do Lists never ending?
7) Why does my husband ask me, "What kind of cheese are you?" (He's odd, but he'd argue not as odd as me!)
8) Why does my eyesight insist on playing up?
9) Why has no one invented the bottomless cup of tea?
10) Why haven't I bumped into any gorgeous megastars yet?
There are many more I could add, but I have a feeling they'd get more obscure the longer I went on! Instead I'm going to pass the question onto some other bloggers. To take part they need to complete the following steps:
1. Post your whys - as many or as few as you like
2. Link your post to Mummy Central
3. Tag 5 bloggers to keep this going
I'm tagging the following bloggers:
If you have any, please add them below. If not chesk out these other blogs as I have a feeling some will be far more obscure than mine!
Friday, August 10, 2012
Somehow eight years have slipped by. I moved into this house in 2004 (gulp!) which was in need of modernisation and eight years later the lounge hasn't been properly redecorated. The kitchen and bathroom took priority and we haven't had enough space to get the lounge done until the lodger moved out. So my reason for being so quiet over the past week or so is below. Only problem is we have two bedrooms to get on with now!
In the picture above you can see the textured wallpaper that was the feature wall along with some of the not-so-lovely pink carpet.
On the other three walls (which were originally bright peach when I moved in) we have changed the colour to Perfectly Taupe to freshen them up.
The previous residents had a thing for colour it would seem! If the bright peach front room and bright yellow hallway (now both neutral) weren't enough evidence, then we seem to have unearthed some more.